Monday, January 10, 2011

Family Fun

Ok, Ok...I know the ski/snowboard picture doesn't relate to quilting, but it does relate to my other favorite hobby, spending time with family.  GDaughter Megan attended Snowboard camp over the Christmas holiday.  She is the one standing closest to me.  Her twin, Marisa, and brother Mason are also hamming it up.  GrandDaddy was taking the picture.  We all had fun going to the slopes several times, and we all progressed on our skill levels.   I promise to post a quilt related picture of me soon, but I just got tired of looking at Willie and Me in my jammies.  I hope Nicole will help me get a few worthy pictures next month that I can change up for my posts.

Today I have Quilters by the Lake meeting (every Monday from 1-5).  I love this friendship group, and I get so much done concentrating on a project and not worrying about phone and other household stuff.  I am working on a blue quilt for my MIL and have made significant progress since purchasing fabric at Christmas time.  I will be sewing rows together today, maybe adding the borders.  I will post a progress picture when I get a chance.  I may use Nicole's double piped binding method, as I want to bring some hot pink back into the frame.  You can find the tutorial for that at Aunti Nicole's Corner blog, there's a link on my home page.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jane...I love this pic! The quilting will keep, these moments come and go so quickly...

    ReplyDelete