Saturday, May 1, 2010

First Post!

I attended the "First Saturday" get together at the Tater Patch www.taterpatchquilts.com in Merrill, Oregon this morning. It's a day to meet up with your friends, be inspired by Show and Tell, have lunch out. It's a long way to drive (70 miles), but you take your fun where you can find it. It's always fun, inspiring and the shop owners, Diane and Robin are so inventive. It occurs to me that my obsession of "Quilting" offers so much variety, it's no wonder it's difficult to really peg what I like (I like it all...or most all), and what I am going to do next.




This year, I have tried to concentrate on getting some of my UFO's finished (Un-Finished Objects). I got out all my projects (yikes), figured out what I really wanted to finish, and gave away some that have fallen out of "favor". Some class blocks I just put away to admire again some day. I know I will likely never finish some of those projects, but it's nice to look back. The ones I decided to tackle this year have a note on my bulletin board. I have actually finished 3 Linus project Quilts, and two Block of the Month projects (I stopped at 4 blocks on one, but the mini quilt is finished so that counts as a project completed). I have two other projects at the machine quilting stage, and one queen size swap block quilt I am hand quilting. Two knit projects are done, a scarf/hat combo and a kimono vest. Also since January, I created a complicated label for the Shasta Lily Quilt Guild Opportunity Quilt, Sunshine Rose Garden, by Kathy Nakajima. It turned out so well I will post a picture and some simple instructions soon, as I am quite proud of the quilt (made by the whole guild, can you believe it?) and the label.



My guilds, friendship groups and kids keep me inspired and help me grow. What inspires you? Could you use some encouragement? I have found that my quilter friends are, for the most part, generous in spirit and deed.



I am fortunate to have quilting friends who inspire me, both close to home, and long distance.



I'm off to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment