Friday, May 14, 2010

Guild Retreat is spelled FUN!

I have been missing in action for two days.  Here is why.  Our Shasta Lily Quilt Guild held a two day retreat this week and finally, I was able to attend both days.  Like day camp for quilters.  We all brought our own projects and got lots done.  Some of my To Do items got knocked off my May list, hooray!



I put buttons on a baby sweater I just finished...now I have a gift for the next baby shower I go to.  I am in the process of making the matching socks before I box it up.  I like to knit at night when I am relaxing, it keeps my hands limber.







I finished the pillowcases I wanted to make.  The main fabric is a map of France, this may be the only way I get to travel to that country.  I actually chose it because I like the colors and it matches my new sheets.  The map is the bonus.  Thanks Joanna Figueroa from Fig Tree for such beautiful fabric.

I also finished making the top for the EQZ block exchange from 2004(?), my basket blocks.  The area with the white vertical strip will get a chunky stem,  and 3-D flowers and leaves once the quilt is quilted.  This was my stretch toward asymmetrical.  I plan to machine quilt it so I can show it at the Labor Day quilt show up here in Mt. Shasta.  Helen C, I found your block in a bag in the box, it is featured in the upper right hand corner border.  I almost missed it, my sample block will go on the back for a label.  Thanks girls, I love it now!  I can't wait to finish it.


I also got some other little tasks accomplished, too numerous to mention here..Ahhh, such a sense of satisfaction.  Good times, good friends, and pizza, what could be better?

1 comment:

  1. Wow Mom that turned out great. I love the setting, its totally out of your symetrical comfort zone I know, but it turned out fantastic. Oh and who's having a baby? or did you lose too much weight ;]

    ReplyDelete